Once Again Falling... | Teen Ink

Once Again Falling...

By Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia
Lexi_S PLATINUM, Syracuse, Virginia

"When life gives you lemons chuck them back at life and demand apples."

I used to enjoy anything that had to do with love, laughter, happiness. That, of course, was before I experienced the humiliation of heartbreak. That's probably why I've been acting the way I have been lately. Everything that once brought me comfort and joy now fills me with sadness and longing.

Today something happened to me, something life changing. I was walking through the crowded halls of my high school, and as usual attempting to ignore as many couples as possible. Most of the time I'm successful in this but today was different, I wanted to look at the love, absorb as much of it as possible, and feel the pain break me down inside.

I was standing there, in the middle of the hallway, watching. There was a couple to my left hugging with their heads perfectly rested in the crook of their necks. Another, sitting in the corner just staring at each other smiling. Then there was one in-front of me, holding hands, while their foreheads rested agents the each others. They were rocking back and forth. Strangely... I wasn't bothered much by this. I turned around so I could start heading to class. The dead in front of me. I saw him... With her. I saw them kissing.

All of a sudden my world fell even more apart than it already has. In fact, my world was destroyed. When he looked up he saw me standing there, my eyes filling with tears, crushed. He released his new girl and walked towards me. As he began to speak, I turned. Preparing myself to try and outrun the shattering pieces of my heart, but he was to quick. He grabbed my arm. Immediately I turned to face him, the tears finally escaping my eyes.

Then I fell to the floor in his arms repeating, “I love you, I love you ,I love you...” He began to turn my head towards his so he could wipe my tears away. Our eyes met, and once again I let him creep back into my heart.