Wind Monster | Teen Ink

Wind Monster

By OminousBells GOLD, Yukon, Oklahoma
OminousBells GOLD, Yukon, Oklahoma

Writing does not cause misery. It is born of misery. ~ Montaigne

I sat on the big cushiony chair that you could lay back and it magically became a bed! From the kitchen came the wonderful aroma of cheese, the smell was making my tummy growl, and my patience grow short.

My grandma came into the room making me hopeful for dinner, but instead I was met with a worried glance. My remote was taken me, and the box turned from happy The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to the news. At least I thought it was the news until it showed huge, horrible wind monsters!

Shortly after witnessing the horror on the television the horrible screeching sound the monsters made could be heard. Though I was quickly informed that it was actually to alert us of the monsters presence., and hopefully repel them. I dreadfully wanted my mommy to come and tell me everything was going to be ok. I wanted to be hugged, cradled and rocker to sleep. If I fell asleep I could wake up and forget this nightmare.

Grandma dragging me into the hallway interrupted my thoughts of my mommy. She left me against the hard wall of the hallway. Her, followed by my uncle, shortly returned with cotton stuffed pillows that were used to make a barrier.

Were we playing games? Did games repel the bad monster? If that was the case, I would be fine.

We settled into the soft barrier like thing just in time to face the wrath of the monster. Screaming winds hit the house, and I swear the house shook some, like the Earth was going to open up and eat us whole.
For a while it only got worst; the screaming winds got louder, and harder. The monster even turned the friendly rain into powerful missiles. Hot tears started to fall and I so desperately wanted my mommy. At the point in time she seemed to be the only person who could fend off the evil monster. She was the only one who could possibly get rid of it.

It was approximately an hour before I was proved wrong. The monster stopped screaming, it stopped shaking, and it even stopped using the rain as missiles. Somebody else had defeated the monster. Somebody else had taken it down. She wish she knew who that person was, so she could thank them, even though they didn’t do it as fast as her mommy could…

This is written from the point of view of myself when I was about three, and experiencing the May 3rd Tornado.