Surprise Mother’s Day | Teen Ink

Surprise Mother’s Day

By whisperedImages BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
whisperedImages BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois

"Feliz Dia de las Madres!!!" I told my mom as soon as I saw her in the morning. It was a chilly spring morning of the year 2008. It was a special day for every mom in the world. It was Mother's Day! It was a day that I was hopping that my mom would really enjoy since we were going to go to my uncle's house in Chicago to celebrate Mother's Day.
That morning I went to the store with my dad to buy my mom a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a thoughtful and loving card, and some mouth-watering chocolate. We tried to hurry so my mom wouldn't notice that we left the house. We wanted to return before my mom woke up which we had accomplished. We got home about five to ten before she woke up. My mom opened her eyes to see gifts from her loving family. I was glad to see my mom wake up with a smile on her face.
When my mom got out off we ate breakfast and right after eating an amazing breakfast we got ready to go out. We were going to go to my uncle's house to have a barbeque for Mother's Day.
When we go to my uncle's house everybody in the family here congratulating all the mothers. We gave them warm hugs and kisses. After I said, "Happy Mother's Day" helped get the juicy-craving meat that was going to be cooked on the grill outside on the thick white plastic table that was right next to the silver-shining grill. I was going to offer to help to cook on the grill but with my dad and my two uncles being excellent cooks they didn't need any help from a fourteen-year-old. Instead I went to go play soccer with my cousins in the backyard while the food was getting ready.