Before you know it | Teen Ink

Before you know it

By Honeyyybee SILVER, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Honeyyybee SILVER, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

" If you care about what other people think, you will always be their prisoner. " - James Frey

Before you know it things change, words are said, harm is done and minds are made up.

People go through such hard times and you ma not even see it. Your life can change in the smallest or biggest ways. In just the time it takes to read a text, your world could all fall out of whack.

Goodbyes are the hardest words to hear.

I imagine his phone ringing by his side, but if he answered he would not speak. That night my world almost fell apart, as my best guy friend slowly slipped through my fingers. Hearing the dial tone over and over drew my tears.

Goodbyes are the hardest words to hear.

It took hours of reassuring, "We can get through it together". I was not about to give up on one of the most important people in my life.

Goodbyes are the hardest words to hear.

Before you know it, your best friend could be at their lowest. "It will be okay, I'm here with every step," but I finally got him to calm. I tried to be his rock, to be strong for him.

Goodbyes are the hardest words to hear.

Before I knew it, he was the one telling me to calm down. You never really know how much someone means to you until they are slipping through your fingers and you can't do anything about it. Feeling so hopeless, but holding on to be strong for both of us.

Goodbyes are the hardest words to hear.

Before I knew it, I saved a life, and my best friend. Before you know it you are shown what really matters. Before it all I may have never known, just how much someone close to me really means.

And after all of it, he turned around and let everything go. Let every effort fall short. Gave up, on friendship, caring, and on me.

Before I knew it.