Mud stomp | Teen Ink

Mud stomp

By IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah
IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

It rained in torrents.

The best kind of rain.

The best kind of rain for dancing.

I took my iPod and head phones out with me, slightly afraid of electrocution, but not enough to turn me from my mission. My bare feet loved the squishy mud and clear water. If I was going to dance on the wet dirt, I might as well do it unshod.

My iPod was on shuffle, it took me awhile to find a song with a good beat. When I did, there was nothing to stop me from stomping, leaping, and twirling in delight. I was on fire, and the rain cooled me off.

In only felt a little self-conscious, but not enough to make a difference. I delighted in my rain dance, why have I never tried before? Why has it never occurred to me to dance as the heavens poured out life to my Earth? I suppose it's because I never had a very transportable form of music before, one can't just lug a boom box or a radio into the pouring water.

Right as I began to surf shuffle again, my iPod died, and my private party came to an end. But that was okay, the rain had stopped, I was ready to go in.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Oh, don't mention it. It was nothing. :) 

on Jun. 14 2011 at 11:14 am

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

That's  awesome! :D You really think that much of it to send it to your friend? I don't know why, but that's probably the best praise or compliment I could get or have gotten :D

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

I sent it to my friend. She really likes it. :) 

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

Very cool, and thanks :)

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

I love dancing in the rain!! Your piece captures it perfectly! Wonderful, great job! 

This reminds me of a long conversation that me and my bestie had about dancing in the rain

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

It  fun, I had such a good time during my rain dance.

I still love jumping in puddles, though canvas shoes often make it an especially wet experience for me nowadays.

I am so glad it is descriptive, that has been one of my weaknesses for such a long time. Thank you for the comment :)

TheGoldenDomination SILVER, Fort Dodge, Iowa

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
~John Lennon

This is really good, i could actually picture this happening as i read it.

i myself have run down the streets in the rain, and it is very fun and soul-lifting. In my experience anyways..

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

Thanks, I like your description of it :)

LihuaEmily SILVER, North Kingstown, Rhode Island

"It is said that there's no such thing as a free lunch. But the universe is the ultimate free lunch." -Alan Guth

A nice "in-the-moment" kind of thing ... a really cool blend of taking delight in life and nature and also modern technology!