Trusting your Best Friend | Teen Ink

Trusting your Best Friend

By aya123 BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan
aya123 BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan

I have always thought that having a best friend who you can trust with everything would be easy. She came new from a foreign country. I helped her out with everything. I got her the books she needed, and I told her everything that she needed to know about life here in the United States and how the school works. I stood by her side against everyone. Students used to give her bad looks, and I would tell her to ignore them. We planned how fun it was going to be when we go to high school together. How we will always go out and try to have the same classes. That we will be best friends forever even when we are old ladies on canes. I left my other friends for her and sat with her in lunch. We were like sisters. She was my best friend. We told everything to each other. She knew things about me that no one knew. We spent days and nights together talking about stupid things. Until the phone rang at 8 p.m, it was a turning point in my life.
I was bored in my room cleaning one day and suddenly heard the phone ring. I went to check who it was. It was my best friend!! I was so happy that I answered right away.
“Hiiiii” I said with excitement.
“Hi, is your dad there?” my friend’s dad said.
“Yes, he is, I will call him one sec” I spoke.
Thinking that he wanted my dad to talk about work, I ran downstairs in a hurry to give my dad the phone.
“Hi, how are you?” said my dad
“Good, can I see you at work tomorrow? I need to tell you something important.”
My dad was very curious about what he wanted and asked him what it was for. He didn’t want to tell my dad what it was right away, but my dad demanded.
My friend’s dad shouted and said, “I don’t want your daughter talking to my daughter. Aya is a bad influence and I don’t want her near my daughter, so keep her away.”
I was crying on the other line. I didn’t understand what was going on. My dad went upstairs and asked me what I did. I sweared that I didn’t do anything to her and that today at school nothing happened. My dad trusted me and said not to talk to her ever again. The next day, I went to school, and she didn’t bother coming to me. She didn’t even talk to me or say hi. She ignored me and left. I couldn’t understand anything. We were best friends yesterday. Yesterday, I was by her side and we were laughing together. But she behaved like she didn’t know me! With my other friend’s help I got through everything. Now when I see her walking in the hallway, I remember all the memories that we had in the past and think to myself that it would be the best if we were still the best friends. I remember how she always made me feel good about myself when I was down and how she made me happy. Every time I think about her, I cry. But I have to move on, just like she did. I have to always think that it will never be the same. I learned to never trust anyone. I also learned that people will come and go in your life, but only the ones that you need stay with you. A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go. Till this day, I don’t know what happened with her that night. Probably her dad knew she was talking to boys and blamed me. I don’t know. But now I am ok with it. I have my best friend Mai. I know that she will not let me down. At least I hope not.

lilo said...
welcome aya :)  i'm waiting ur new ones ;)

aya123 BRONZE said...
aya123 BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan
thanks lilo

lilo said...
on Apr. 10 2010 at 11:14 am
Wow sOo nice story very intresting...

hiam123 said...
on Apr. 10 2010 at 9:53 am
heyy this is a very nice story. cant believe this happend!