I Miss You Mare-Bear.... | Teen Ink

I Miss You Mare-Bear....

By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote

Mary-
Happy (late) Birthday Mare-Bear!! I hope it was fun and consisting of everything you wanted. You are such a great girl. You deserve so much in your life. You’ve been through so much Mary, and I’ve been there for so much of it. We have both been there for each other for what seems like forever. Every once in a while I get those little thoughts about the past. Setting up our Barbie’s house just because and running from the dog in the backyard even when she wasn’t chasing us. Taking shots of Dr. Pepper from shot glasses in your room ‘cause we thought we were “so cool” or blasting Good Charlotte in the living room when your mom left and we were supposed to be cleaning up the mess WE made. Or holding each other while we cried about our parents and our lives. Nothing ever mattered to us when we were together. If I was sitting in the kitchen watching you do dishes or you were lying around while I cleaned my room, it never mattered. We didn’t care. All that matter was that we were together.
We put up with a lot of crap and people don’t see that. People look at us and think, “Naw, they never could have been best friends.” We sure were though. People don’t realize that we hide things really well. The things your mom and step-dad did were painful to you Mare. I know that first hand because I was there. I held you while you cried. I had those conversations with you. I felt the pain that you felt. We were so close that sometimes I thought we were one person. And I don’t regret anything we did, anything we said to people, or anything that happened because of us. People used to be so jealous of us because we were so close no matter what. We trusted each other with everything and I know exactly why; because we aren’t fake or two-faced and everything we ever said to each other will always and forever stay between us. That’s why we were the best, best friends.
I do miss you Mary. I always have and I always will. I know your still there for me and you know that I’m always there for you, but I still get those occasional wishes, yah know? Those wishes of wanting back what we had for so long. But all we can do is work with what we have. You just always have to remember that no matter what you say or do, you will ALWAYS have me Mary. I love you very, very much dear and I hope your birthday was fantastic. Best of wishes in all that you do!

Love Always, Katie