Where did they go? | Teen Ink

Where did they go?

February 18, 2010
By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
36 articles 1 photo 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote


There never seemed to be a dull moment between the four of us. We were constantly laughing about anything and everything. Whether it was screaming along with the lyrics to our favorite songs in the living room or slamming Monsters like they were water on your bedroom floor, we always had fun. The times we had together were priceless. No one could ever have as much fun as we did together. It’s just impossible. I remember sitting by the pool in the dying heat, prank calling Pizza Hut just because we didn’t have anything better to be doing. I remember riding in the car, screaming and dancing so much that we actually shook the car. And how can I forget all the times we cried over lame boys and fake girls and screaming at every scary movie we’ve ever watched. I remember watching Heidi break the computer chair and Kaelyn cry over the pencil. I remember seeing Autumn do a softball slide across the kitchen floor and your mom cracking jokes left and right. Every joke just made us laugh harder and harder and soon enough we were all on the floor. I still laugh, to this day, about taking hours at a time to get ready to go to the movies or the skating rink. I guess we just didn’t realize how small that bathroom really was until we tried to fit the four of us in it! I remember spending individual time with each one of them. I remember spending time with Autumn at my house, just the two of us, and texting Kaelyn, who was usually a foot away, after everyone else went to bed. And I always loved talking to Heidi in the morning while everyone else was still out cold. I remember watching my three very coordinated best friends come up with fun dances to the most popular songs while I sat and made sure everyone was on step. I cherish every moment. I remember eating everything in sight, whether it was a big bowl of Ramen, a bag of chips, or brownie batter. I remember those amazing breakfasts “mom” made for us. I remember every little thing and I miss them. I miss the middle school dances, “Walkin’ it out”, jumping around to “Girlfriend”, lining up for the “Cupid Shuffle”, and swaying to “Lips of an Angel”. I miss passing notes in class and making fun of all those fake girls that will never have best friends like mine. And now it’s gone. I’ve never wanted something back so badly. All I want is to get my best friends back. I need them back.


The author's comments:
My best friends were my life. Things happened and people changed, but now we have all realized that we can't live without each other.