My Grandma Hates Me | Teen Ink

My Grandma Hates Me

By Hailey Grider BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
Hailey Grider BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois

A family event I decided to write about is my grandma hating us. I don’t really know why, it’s pretty crazy. She has always had this strong hate for my mom, her daughter, but my mom has never really said anything until about two months ago.

Although my grandma just ignored my mom all the time, she still called my dad to go fix stuff for her. Finally my mom had enough of that crap and confronted my grandma about it. They got into this huge fight and my grandma ended up telling my mom that she was sick and a horrible mother. I almost punched her. Then my grandma still expected the rest of us to talk to her! Really? No! She tries to trick us into talking to her or coming over. For example, my sister went over to her house the day they got in a fight to get her wedding present, but my grandma said, “Come back another day to get your wedding present and I will tell you my side of the story.” My sister has not gone back since then. She will also have my mentally disabled uncle, who still lives at home, call my brother or dad, and then she will get on the phone to talk to them. She’s crazy! It’s so weird how she hates my mom, but thinks that we are still going to talk to her. Yeah right! She’s possibly the weirdest lady I’ve ever met. One time she left at the beginning of one of my basketball games because my mom didn’t give my nephew right to her instead of someone else who had asked first. I couldn’t believe she got that mad and left my game! WOW!

All in all I don’t think her ignoring us is that big of a deal. It doesn’t phase me at all. It’s not like she’s ever really been there for me anyway. I rarely talk to her. Plus without her being around I don’t have to hear anybody talk about how controlling and insane she is.

TOASTY said...
BURN!!!!! YOUR GRADMA HATES YOU

on Feb. 21 2010 at 12:49 am
Hailey Grider BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
It's a shame that your grandma is like this but this writing is pure genius! You're such a talented writer! Oh wait....i wrote this! hahaha