My Dream Career | Teen Ink

My Dream Career

By NoahL GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
NoahL GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

When you think of a dream career what aspects do you think about? Is it the salary that entices you? Money is the root problem with this dream career question. Money is a boisterous thought that overwhelms others. Money will remove reasoning from your decisions, resulting in lamentable careers you don't truly care about. Whatever happened to the saying, “The best job you can have is the one you love”? Passion is what every single soul should be ignited by. Ask yourself questions that prove meaningful to you. What is the work environment like? How good is the work and life balance? Is it fun? 

When I ask myself these questions one career comes to mind, one that checks all the boxes and fills my mind with visions of a joyful and comfortable lifestyle. Owning an apple orchard is my dream career. Ever since I can remember I have always had a sweet tooth, apples satiated that desire for me. To me, apples are natures candy. Flavorful flesh white as snow or tan as sand, skin striped with radiant reds, glistening greens, and youthful yellows. Although I am not an expert on owning an apple orchard or a business at all, on the outside it seems like an extraordinary career for me. You see, when I think of a career I think of what id be good at, I've never been much of a numbers guy and I always love to be active and moving around so an office job wouldn't fit that description either. I would say my forte comes in the form of my physical abilities like my height and strength. With these strengths of mine, I would think that owning an apple orchard would come easier to me as well as the number of jobs around the orchard I can complete increases.

When I think about the prospect of owning an apple orchard I think of all the benefits that have to come with it. The balance between work and your family just has to be amazing, you decide when you want to stop working for the day and if the orchard is a family business then you would never be away from your family, that thought just makes me happy thinking about it. Another reason that my dream career is to own an apple orchard is because of its natural beauty. Trees lined up shoulder to shoulder brandishing their seasonal colors and fruits, paths of green with interruptions of gold and crimson, rows that extend into the infinite and passionate sky. Mellow, Merriment, and Magnetic are the words that pop into my head whenever I think of this career, you work when you want to and the environment is a serine one resulting in no stress. Fun days with your family picking your favorite fruit and baking them into something you didn't know you could make. Every single day learning about a new apple, ever keeping you thinking and growing in knowledge.

I love apples.