A Plot Mountain Without a Resolution: Those Who Wander May Not Be Lost | Teen Ink

A Plot Mountain Without a Resolution: Those Who Wander May Not Be Lost

By kathyausten_maltese PLATINUM, Taipei, Other
kathyausten_maltese PLATINUM, Taipei, Other

I'm always said to be a typical model student in other people's eyes: straight As, great attitude, and strong ambition. But for those who know me well enough, I might sometimes become a pain in the neck—a model student who doubles from time to time as a drama queen.

"Why are you such a drama queen? Can you just calm down for a sec?"

Well, in my world, there is no "keep calm" or "stay quiet". My brain is like the tilt of the Earth, automatically switching seasons even when flowers desire to live longer until withering, when sycamores in autumn long for an eternal dye of red, or when snow craves for an icy eternity. My ability to daydream is an undeniable force ruling my heart that acts like the sensibility against my sense. I, like a single note in a long piece of music, begin dancing in the field of infinite possibilities, transcending into my very own Nirvana. I revel in complicated situations that supplicate deep thought since my soul yearns for the feeling of defeating the supposed SOP.

When I get excited for no reason in the middle of class or start doing something strange out of nowhere, my friends usually sigh and keep their heads down. In their eyes, I am a helpless case. But what they will never understand is that those who wander are not always lost. I am just a spirit so free that even fate can't seem to catch me.

Back in seventh grade, we were learning about the plot mountain, which includes the elements of rising actions, climax, and resolution. During the lecture, I immediately thought of my life and how it is probably going to end in the 100,000th climax and not a resolution. For me, life does not end in any way, nor does it have a resolution to anything. It is a seesaw that no one can sit on to control its motion; it is a conflict that is buried but never ended in the pages of history; it is a reminiscence that is imprinted somewhere in the universe, never being completely erased.

If life were a precipitous highway, I might be the reckless one directly jumping off the road into the ocean. Just kidding. I am probably already somewhere in the waters below.