The End is Near... | Teen Ink

The End is Near...

By Palakh BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Palakh BRONZE, New Delhi, Other

Every day you know less and less about more and more..

Shouldn’t it be a subordinating conjunction?”, he said and I nodded quietly, smiling internally at my deliberate attempt to make a mistake. “Yes, you are right!”, I said smiling. I was proud of my children. They were not only understanding all the concepts but also pointing out my mistake, confidently. They had all grown internally and I couldn’t have been happier. No, I am not a mother, if that’s what you thought. I am actually an 18-year-old, who firmly believes that her actions can change the world around her(I know this is dramatic, but believe me, I believe this firmly and this is the moto of my life). I am actually a Tutor who is teaching underprivileged children, everything from English to their rights, making them aware of their power in the world. I have always been a firm believer of equality and lack of right of education based on privileges has always been an issue that I thought I needed to address. And as a tutor, I provide free, quality tutoring to underprivileged children to help them come out of their web of poverty and rise and actually make a mark on this world, with no privileges attached! I believe in the moto of creating an enlightened youth through education and awareness and mastering English and honing one’s talents and skills.And as I write these words, I believe you can also help in making this change happen! It won’t happen overnight, but one step at a time can definitely make the change happen! The end to illiteracy and privileges is near.

Palakh, the writer of this piece is an 18-year-old Youth Changemaker, Tutor, Poet and Environmentalist from India. She believes that small steps can make a change in the world and through this piece, she tries to persuade others how they can also help in this noble cause.