Hypocrite | Teen Ink

Hypocrite

By AstroMad BRONZE, East Peoria, Illinois
AstroMad BRONZE, East Peoria, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...,"
-George RR Martin

‘Are you f****** serious?’ we had been congratulating my friend for finally asking out the girl she liked, and that girl had said yes. Cea continued to type in the group chat, she was talking about how everyone always leaves her. Funny thing is, I’ve only distanced myself when Cea asked for it.

She talked about how now that Ray had gotten a girlfriend, that she would leave us. The funny thing is that she did the exact thing to the rest of us when she started going out with her boyfriend.

Hypocrite.

She went on to talk about how we never ask her how she is, how we never talk to her anymore. We thought that’s what you wanted, to be able to be in your boyfriend’s world, without the ‘emos’. We thought that was why you’d ditch us for him. We get it, we’re intense sometimes, people need breaks from us, even us.

She made it seem as if it was all our faults that she was hurting, blamed her pain on us. If she wanted to talk the group chat was right there, the whole time.

Instead you only talked about him in it, then made fun of us whenever someone would talk about their crush.

Hypocrite.

Hypocrite.

Hypocrite.

That word will ring in my head everytime I even pass you in the halls between classes.

Hypocrite.

Every message you send will be stained with it.

Hypocrite.

Everytime we walk somewhere as a group.

Hypocrite.

Everytime you post about him.

Hypocrite.

This is something that is actually happening to my friend group. I hate it, but I needed to put the feelings down somewhere.