LOST | Teen Ink

LOST

By b_2004 BRONZE, Tirana, Other
b_2004 BRONZE, Tirana, Other

Have you ever imagined losing someone who is very important to you? Have you ever imagined someone dying from your family? Well, sadly, I went through all these feelings once. Let me tell you about the worst moment in my life.

Let’s start from the beginning. I was a spoiled child because of my parents’ love. I have an older sister. She was always more mature and aggressive than me. My dad wanted to have another child. But I really did not want to have a younger sibling. To be honest, I was scared to lose the “attention” from me.

Anyway, one day, my dad came from his work and told my sister and I that he wanted to eat dinner outside and tell us something very important. I knew it! I knew he was going to tell us about our little sister, because my older sister was just like a detective. She told me this before but I did not believe her. When he told me what I already knew he was going to tell us, I did not know how I was feeling about it. That was a weird feeling. Months passed, and my little bunny was born. I love her more than anything in the world. Playing with her, calling me “sis,” everything is perfect about her.

My family and I live outside of the country, so we went to our homeland for summer break, as always. How could we know it was going to be the worst summer ever? Because we love shopping a lot, we went to a big shopping mall. After hours of shopping, my older sister and I got very tired so we sat in a cafe. We were talking about the children who got lost, and how bad families would feel. Then, we heard a voice, someone was calling my name; when I looked in the direction where the sound came from, I saw my mom! She was crying! And screaming: “ Your sister! She is lost! We-we can not find her!”

I was shocked! How could that happen? I started to run as fast as possible. I was screaming her name and asking people if they had seen her! I saw a police officer and told him that my sister was lost! He told every other police officer around the mall! So if anyone had taken her, they would see it from cameras. I did not know what to do. I was so scared that someone had taken her away. I was worried about my little bunny, I was scared that I was not going to see her again. Minutes later, I heard a woman, she was saying, “ She is here! Come, look!” I ran there, saw my little bunny and started to cry even more. I lost my body control. I was shaking, I could not stop myself. I was very thankful to God that we found her.

When we left the mall, I was still crying and at the same time I was glaring at my parents with questioning eyes like asking, “How did you lose her?” I was so thankful that my little berry was with me! After I calmed down a little bit more, I asked my dad how he found her and he told me that our naughty little sister went to the changing room and closed the door and started to look at clothes in that place.

We lost her only for 10 minutes, but time had never passed this slow. I can not understand how people can handle this much pain when they lose their children for days, or forever. The biggest lesson I learned from this bad experience was that family means the world to me!