Happiness | Teen Ink

Happiness

May 13, 2019
By Anonymous

Snow was falling late at night, I was in front of my television in the living room watching the late night showing’s of friends. The moon was full that night, the night in which I realized something I have not felt before, the feeling of true happiness.

I always had a hard time finding happiness in my life due me being involved within so much. There was always something dragging me down and having to find a balance between having to go to Baseball right after school and then going to soccer and having to struggle to keep my grades up made it very stressful or something going on in my personal life. I didn’t think I could ever truly be happy, that was until I found something, or better yet someone. When I first met her I was unsure of what would happen what could happen, but what I did know is something right off the bat is that this felt different, something that I was unfamiliar with, but someone as amazing as her I didn’t think she could ever like me back, nor would she have a reason too. That was until that Night, and everything changed.

I was in my living room, I was sitting on my couch watching television as I do on Friday night’s. I was watching the Late night showing’s of my personal favorite show, Friends. I was on the couch texting some people, as my parent’s had yelled downstairs to remind me to turn off the lights when Im done. I was texting someone as I started to get asked some questions and in my head I was curious on why she was asking “Where I was?” “What I was doing?” etc...  After about 15 minutes I saw a car drive by slowly when I realized it was her. It was -2 degrees outside at the time when I see her come up to the driveway to my porch I answer the door as she is there with a soda in her hand. I asked…


“What are you doing?”


“You had said your favorite soda is Mtn Dew, I was out with my friend and well I wanted to see you.” She replied


At the time I wasn’t sure It meant anything until I stopped asking questions and used my eyes.

The snow was falling quickly but with little snowflakes fluttering around as you see butterflies do in the summer time as if the snowflakes were flapping their wings around and landing on the ground. Snow was already laying upon the ground that night, covering the sidewalks, Streets, and Driveways. She was standing upon my porch, it was our first encounter actually talking and I had this feeling inside that even though It was -2 degrees outside, I had a warm feeling of Joy and Excitement overwhelm my body. The moon was full and the star’s were laying down a light of luminosity at the perfect angle as well as the porch light being on that acted as if it replaced a spotlight, shining down perfectly upon where she was standing. It was at that point how everything just seemed to happen at the perfect time that I knew that this wasn’t anything ordinary. It was something I hadn’t experianced in awhile, but at that point and looking back on it, I know that I was truly happy, she is my happines.

The Second time I had felt anything like that was a few weeks later. She wanted to go out with some friends but her parents got into an big argument that night on rather she should be able to go out or not, I could tell she was tearing up a little bit. I had cheared her up by calming her down and making her laugh, she had sent me an picture with a frowny face I replied


“What’s wrong?”


“Absolutley nothing! I can just say that for the first time in awhile, Im happy, you make me happy.” She responded.


That was one of the best moments of my life.

That night showed me, that everything happens for a reason and things will always get better as long as you let them get better. You just have to play the long game in order to find it.