How I Clean my Room | Teen Ink

How I Clean my Room

By DeBosst BRONZE, Hamilton, Montana
DeBosst BRONZE, Hamilton, Montana

Everything is awesome

It was a warzone. Mountains of clothes, sock planes flying overhead, explosions of sweaty shirts everywhere. This is what my room looks like when I haven’t cleaned it up in a week or two.  I have never liked to clean my room, especially when it is as dirty as this. Last year I had the messiest room I ever had.

It was a week after Christmas, and I got a lot of new stuff, and I just shoved it to the side of my room. I left until school started. Then I really didn’t want to clean it. So I just pushed it off more and more until I could barely get to my bed. My Mom walked in the next day. She got so mad that it looked like she was about to erupt like a volcano. I got to work cleaning my room the next minute.  

It felt like hours, but it had only been 15 minutes. I picked up clothes after clothes after clothes. They were all sweaty and stinky. I just shoved them all in my hamper and dealt with the next thing. I grabbed a box and started to look around my room for stuff that I didn’t need anymore. In the end, I had a big box full of stuff to get rid of. Then it was the hard part of moving in all the new stuff to their new home.

I sorted through all the new stuff that I've gotten and thought in my head where things like it were kept in my room. I sorted through toys and clothes and books, and much more. I sorted them into piles and started to put them in their final home before I get them out. Slowly, but definitely, the new stuff was finding their home and my room was clearing up.

It took me two days to finish cleaning my room, but afterward, it looked amazing. I was very happy and proud of what I did. I showed my mom and she was happy too. I tried to keep my room clean for a week but eventually, I just didn’t care. My room stayed clean because I was to busy with school. I was happy, but I knew that my room will be messy again one day.