My Mom | Teen Ink

My Mom

January 22, 2019
By 22ek01 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
22ek01 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I was little I was told that even though my mom might be mad at me, she will always love me unconditionally. Regardless of all the times I was goofing off and breaking things like when I dented her newly painted wall, my mom has always been the one to forgive me. She’s easily the most loving, unselfish, and positive person I know. She deserves way more than what she is given. My mom is a hero to me.

First of all, my mom, Kaleen, loves me and everyone else, unconditionally. Not just her family, but her friends, distant relatives, even the kids in our neighborhood. She always tells me she loves me before bed or before I leave. She never lets me go to bed upset either. She’ll always come into my room and sit there and talk to me till we either figure it out, or I feel better. She’s always making everything better. She’ll do anything for anyone she loves, even if that means sacrificing something she wants to do.

My mom sacrifices everything for me. She leaves work to watch my games or pick me up from practice. Sometimes if I’m just having a bad day she’ll stay home from going to see her college friends just to be there for me. She also provides me with everything I need and a lot of things I want. She uses her hard earned money to get stuff for me versus herself. She never takes time for herself which she definitely deserves. She spends so much money and time with all her three kids combined it’s crazy that she can do it. She stays up late to make sure we’re all okay, and she doesn’t quit until we put a smile on our face.

My mom is the one person who can make me happy no matter how upset I am. She never judges me or is mean to me. She just wants what’s best for me and fully supports me. She’s always so happy and positive and she lights up a room when she walks in. She’s always joking around and just having a great time. Her whole personality is infectious. She’s easily my best friend, and also my hero.

My mom does everything for me, she loves me, she makes sacrifices for me, she always keeps me happy. She is my hero and has saved me from making bad decisions almost every day. She keeps me alive and healthy and I am grateful for that. She’s always the one to forgive even after you put a hole in something that she just worked hard on. My mom is the glue of our family, she keeps all of us together.