Mom's Homemade Cheese Pizza | Teen Ink

Mom's Homemade Cheese Pizza

October 3, 2018
By dbecks013 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
dbecks013 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The clock struck 6 o’clock and I scurried downstairs to the dining room table. This is where my family waited. “Who’s ready for game night?” I looked forward to game night as every day passed because it was only once a month. It was also my chance to become two dollars richer. And it was also my chance to enjoy the best homemade pizza!

And then the game began. Being competitive, I invest myself more and more as each turn goes by. While the atmosphere was competitive, we were still relaxed, and attempted at attaining an astonishing three dollars! What could possibly be better than all of this in one night? I know! Having homemade pizza on the same night!

So that's what our family did. We stopped the game and called a halftime. My magnanimous mother grabbed the ingredients out of the pantry and made her homemade cheese pizza. The pizza had the right amount of cheese and sauce with cheese sprinkled on top of the sauce. The crunchy crust was not too thin, nor too thick, but just the perfect size so that when I bit into it, it would give my mouth a sensation I savored.

The delicate pizza was devoured by all three of us as we geared up to resume the game. We spent hours bonding over the best food and the best games. This was now a tradition, all because of Mom’s homemade cheese pizza.