America Through Family and Friends | Teen Ink

America Through Family and Friends

September 20, 2018
By reilleyethan BRONZE, Auburn, New York
reilleyethan BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What is America all about?  Why do millions of immigrants risk their lives just to get past the borders and get into the country?  Are they searching for hope? A job opportunity? A fresh start or maybe they are one of many people who come to U.S. to see all of its glory and the lifestyles of the everyday person.  There are so many things that are a part of everyone’s lifestyle that could be considered typically American. America has many great aspects that make life so much better, such as baseball games, malls, amusement parks, and so much more.


For anyone who doesn’t live in the land of opportunity, coming here could be such an adventure.  One of the best experiences you could have in America is going to see a baseball game. Once you walk in, wherever you look you can see banners and posters from the past years of the team.  Within the stadium there will be showcases of trophies, old equipment, and more. You get to see fans from all over the area representing their team with their team themed gear whether it’s a hat or maybe a jersey.  As you walk through the stadium, you have the aroma of hot dogs, pretzels, and all the other foods. Once you get out into the stadium stands and find your seat, your eyes open up to so much. On one end, you can see the teams getting ready to play by warming up or you can see the mascot running around trying to get the fans of the sport all excited.  As the game takes place, you can hear the oh’s, ahs, boos, and the cheers from players hitting home runs, getting out, or maybe even a bad call by the umpire. Baseball is a great American tradition and lifestyle.


Another lifestyle that Americans enjoy a lot would be its many malls.  Whether you are going for food, a movie, clothes shopping, or just a spot to hangout with friends and family, the mall is your place to go.  Malls will feature numerous amounts of stores just to fit your needs. Depending on where you go, each mall will especially have a food court.  Food courts normally have one or two fast food spots, maybe a pizza spot, a Chinese food spot, and more. Depending on what people are feeling for the day, each food stand probably receives the same amount of customers.  You could also stumble across one of the many pretzel stands or maybe a restaurant such as P.F. Changs but if you’re only at the mall to do some shopping then you’ll be satisfied with what the mall has to offer. A shopping mall is built to fulfill your shopping desires when it comes to clothes, shoes, and much more.  Shopping malls are on of the best spots to go to that are considered typically American.


One final aspect of American life that could be seen as typical would be the holidays.  When it comes to the holidays, America gets very into the fun of the holidays. Especially Christmas when stores everywhere, such as Walmart, prepare for the festive holiday before Thanksgiving is even finished up with.  As the Christmas season hits the nation you can see people setting up their inflatables into their yard, wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, and going to Christmas parties. You can’t forget the struggles people go through trying to get the perfect present for their loved ones before Christmas day rolls around, but if Christmas isn’t the favorite holiday of the nation, then Thanksgiving definitely is.  The feeling of getting together with loved ones to eat the many dishes that were made and then watching the football game right afterwards is a feeling you can’t beat. Another holiday that people really seem to enjoy is New Years. People from all over get together with their friends and family to celebrate a New Years eve together. New Years celebration happens closer to night, with everyone waiting for the famous ball drop.  Once that ball drops though, the New Year has begun. Holidays have become a very typical way of life for Americans.


As was shown above, America has many lifestyles to its everyday life.  Whether it’s by attending a baseball game, going to a shopping mall, or celebrating the holidays with loved ones.  Whether it’s coming for a visit or to stay, America has a lot to offer.