Pt. IV: Night | Teen Ink

Pt. IV: Night

December 10, 2016
By SenatorSwank SILVER, Aliso Viejo, California
SenatorSwank SILVER, Aliso Viejo, California
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Those who wave a flag of principle are often the first to burn it"


Night.

I believe in the duality of mankind, but these concepts aren't exclusive to our species. To be truthful and widely accepted, their honesty must be apparent on a much more universal scale.

Day and night. Night and day.

The celestial darkness of night is one undervalued miracle in life. Scientifically, we see the universe as if really is at night, because the distractions and scattering of light during the daytime show a warped vision of our eyes to space.

Night is the natural state of the world. In our sleep we explore our natural desires and dreams. The emptiness of night offers us a gateway into ourselves.

On numerous occasion I've been with friends or at gatherings and at some point, I've noticed the effects that a late night has upon a person. It frees our insecurities in a special way, it liberates us and welcomes vulnerability and discourse.

If you ask me, the best time to get to know someone is at night.

To really find someone, talk to them under that star covered sky. You'll see more than distant constellations, you'll see memories, you'll see quirks, good conversation, you might even get a glimpse of their soul.

Night I believe, tires the mind, like a drink it intoxicates the senses into submission, opening the mind to possibilities unknown.