Books | Teen Ink

Books

By WingsForLily PLATINUM, Columbia, Kentucky
WingsForLily PLATINUM, Columbia, Kentucky

Think of how boring the world would be if we were all normal

I liked the way he looked at books. He traced his fingers over the title as if he could feel the emotions of the story winding through the colored cover and into his awaiting mind.

I liked the way he read books. He always played with his woven book mark-flimsy and worn-in one hand and mouthed the words as he read them. As if by doing this he was letting them lift off their prison on a page and be free to re-inspire someone else with their beauty.

I like the way he thought of books. His eyes floating over the pages lazily as a coy expression playing at his face. As if mimicking the characters emotions will bring them more to life.

I like the way he looked for books. Walking lazily up and down the isles, arms crossed and eyes focused with hawk like clarity. Acting as if each book is an important as the next.

I like the way he liked books; because I like books and that makes us feel close when he is gone. As if we can communicate through the stories to find each other again in a land between pages.

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

I love this! How did it not make editors choice? Really sweet memoir, excellent job :)