A Million Little Pieces | Teen Ink

A Million Little Pieces

April 11, 2013
By BayRaised650 BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
BayRaised650 BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“A Million Little Pieces” by James Frey is a memoir. It’s about James struggle to stay sober. He was told that if he goes back to drugs he will die. He started doing drugs and drinking at a young age of 16; by 18 he was hooked, and by age 21 he was an addict.
It all starts one day when he wakes up in an airplane. He was ill and confused. Being at age 23, he was put into rehab by his parents. He is in war. The battle is between himself, whether he can stay sober alive or he goes back to his addiction and die.
“It is the replacement of one addiction with another, and if i’m gonna be addicted to something, it’s going to be something I like” pg 223. James had almost given up.
I give this book a 4 out of 5 star rating. I really enjoyed this book. It was very inspiring and motivating. It had me hooked. I liked the way the writer used a lot of details and good descriptions. It really helped me be a part in the book. I felt, saw, touched, smelled, and heard everything he did.
This book is full of life-long lessons to learn from.