I Am That Girl | Teen Ink

I Am That Girl

By CreativeWriter86 PLATINUM, None, Louisiana
CreativeWriter86 PLATINUM, None, Louisiana

One day I will be who I wanna be, no one will tell ME what to do, it will be MY life that I will live for myself.

When someone asks you who you are everyone usually responds with one particular answer. Their name. Well there are millions and millions of answers but I to say my name. But I would really like to say this...

I am the girl who holds all of her feelings to herself.
The girl who gets mad but holds it in.
The girl who falls for guys that will never be mine.
The girl who wants to shine out but wants to fit in.
The girl who is afraid to be herself because she is scared of what people will think.
The girl who will cry over the stupidest, most simple things and who will laugh the easiest at the most stupid joke.
I am that girl. I have been this girl the whole time but it's as if I can't be her because of other people. I get confused like anyone else. I act a bit boyish at times. And even when I am being a friend, I'm not treated like much of one. Sometimes I want to laugh my butt of for no reason just to make myself feel better and at other times I want to cry just to let off held in emotions and hurt. This is me. I want to hug some people because a hug feels like the right thing and other people I want to hit for reasons I can't explain. I am only human. Just like the person reading this. This is me. But see the thing is everyone is human. But we all hide our faults so we are all a bit embarrassed of ourselves so no one really shows the real them. I believe this is why we all answer with the same thing. Next time I am asked who I am, I will say my name because I am me and the real me is a lot to tell and a bit embarrassing, don't you think? I am that girl.