A Day of HIM by HIM | Teen Ink

A Day of HIM by HIM

By HighSchoolDreamer44 BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
HighSchoolDreamer44 BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

"The only thing you have to fear is fear itself."

Today in creative writing class we started off with the word LOVE. I was looking through TeenInk, a magazine we read in class, and I heard my teacher say the word HIM in a manner that I did not recognize. Interrupting the conversation to the class, I asked if it was HIM like HIM and held up the necklace that I charm around my neck.

During the years of school, since the sixth grade, I have practically worshiped the voice of Ville Valo and the melodic flow of music that sometimes would come from the black of my speakers.

There are only certain moments where I will pull the CD out and listen to the music that I once had a crush on. Being the mixed up person that I am I appreciate a lot of music; especially now that I have grown up a bit and noticed the difference and the variety in life.

The necklace that I wear today is different from the ones that I wore in the past. In sixth grade I rocked a purple guitar pick with a heartagram and the word HIM written so perfectly beneath the symbol. Now I use it as a keychain on my keys.

When I attended Simpson Academy, SGT. Perry had taken away a black guitar pick with the same heartagram symbol as the one before. I never saw that necklace again, but in one of my school photos the necklace hangs from my neck.

The most recent necklace that I wear today was bought when I was with Jordynn, Joshua, and Jordynn’s daddy.

It was October 18, 2010 and I was a different person from when I used to wear HIM. I said that the necklace would remind me of my past self. Joshua had made a comment. He said that you are not supposed to do the things you have done in the past. But ended saying that I was the only girl he knew who sported HIM. That was a compliment for me. I thought HIM was lost from the lives of others, but seeing and hearing the word today has changed my outlook once again.