To Be Yourself | Teen Ink

To Be Yourself

February 24, 2010
By blueeyes79 SILVER, Versailles, Kentucky
blueeyes79 SILVER, Versailles, Kentucky
7 articles 21 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Rain is my Sunshine"


-Being Yourself-

I like to be uncommon, because then people can’t forget me =) I mean, what’s the point of making a good impression…if your not being you? I’ve tried to fit in…to “stick to the status quo” and it doesn’t work…cause that’s not me…I’m not the crowd pleaser, the person who wants everyone to like them…I’m just there to have fun and not worry about other peoples thoughts about me. I can’t stand pretending to be something I’m not..to always be confined to a certain attitude or personality that I know others like. I have a ton of friends, and they love me for my wild, insane, and often weird and stupid (:P) personality. But that’s who I am, and when/if I act differently, the sunshine leaves my face and I’m just the girl in the corner with her hands in her pocket trying to fit in. so be yourself…cause if someone doesn’t like it…their probably not gonna be a good friend anyway and they’ve got a problem that has nothing to do with you :D God made us to love and be loved. Unless we chose to be the person he made us to be, we fall short of the full capability of loving.

———

Lately I’m so tired of waiting for you
To say that it’s OK, tell me please
Would you one time,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself,
For a while
If you don’t mind,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself

————


The author's comments:
Last year i struggled through a school year of being alone, and not being myself but struggling to fit it. Through that year i learned how much i took for granted friendships and the freedom of love. I hope this incourages others to not only be yourself but to love with no regrets or without holding back.