Bonding Time With My Sister | Teen Ink

Bonding Time With My Sister

May 16, 2019
By Anonymous

It’s 12 o’clock, time for lunch. But what should I eat. I yell down to my sister, “What do you want for lunch?”

“I don’t know what sounds good to you?” she replies.

“I don’t know thats why I asked you?” I reply now annoyed that she won’t just pick a place to eat.

“HMMMM?” she says.

“HMMMMM what !?” I say now verbally expressing my anger.

“Maybe we can get ramen!” she exclaims.

“Hey that’s a great idea.” I reply.

All of the anger I was feeling instantly leaves my body, I am no longer angry at the thought of delicious ramen. We rush outside to the car. Sophie jumps into the driver seat and I hurry to open the door. KRPRRR the door won’t open and I try again. KRPRRR I forgot that the door won’t open from the outside. My sister opens the door I hop in and we are off to get ramen. My stomach growls with anticipation of the delicious ramen about to be consumed.

“Holy COW! Was that you?” Sophie questioned.

“Ya I’m really hungry don’t judge.” I say defensively.

“Ok I’m not judging.” Sophie says.

The rest of the drive was quite with music in the background. We got there and there was no wait. This was something that never ever happens at this place. We couldn’t wait right when we sat down we told the waiter we were ready to order. I got the chashu ramen with extra noodles and a side of pork shumai while my sister, Sophie, got her usual veggie ramen and thai tea. My stomach was bursting with anticipation. Just the smell of the restaurant made my stomach growl. Then when the ramen came it was off to the races. I was devouring it like I hadn’t eaten in 2 weeks, and my sister just sat and stared. The creamy and salty flavor of the broth mixed perfectly in my mouth and I was in heaven. Then it happened the worst thing imaginable. There was nothing left. Nothing left to drink, nothing left to eat what was I supposed to do. So I ordered another ramen and ate that one too. :)


The author's comments:

This is simply a story of my sister and I going to get ramen. This used to happen almost every week and it was some of my best memories, but now she goes to college and I never see her anymore. I used the image of two horses because she is a horseback rider and sometimes we fight.