Things I Enjoy | Teen Ink

Things I Enjoy

By Miya BRONZE, Goose Lake, Iowa
Miya BRONZE, Goose Lake, Iowa

The rise of the sun: so sweet, content, and inspiring. Aroma of coffee: bold and convincing. The embrace of a hug: impactful, as well as settling. Echoes of laughter: rejoicing such fun. The tune of a song, which, makes worries fade away. A taste of a sandwich: every bite of flavor. Color green: seen on the new grass of spring. The platter of raindrops: to dance upon or snuggle through on a grey cloudy day. Shampoo: its strong smell at the salon. The frolic of a kid: quite lively and entertaining.

Running: fierce to the finish line or loosely to relieve the mind. Storms: an admirable trouble. A new pair of shoes: fit so fresh with a satisfying scent. Dancing: let loose and bop around as if no one is watching. Blowing bubbles: a simple childish play. Kisses: a gesture of liking. Writing: putting thoughts into words. Mountains: passionate and moving. Kind strangers: they can truly warm a heart. Ice cream: soothing to the soul. Church: graceful and significant. A good read: especially a book that can inform intelligence. Coloring: captivates creativity and contrasts. Sunglasses: such a stylish accessory. Dirt: a tint of nature. Movies: cliché stories for entertainment. Fishing: the practice of patience until a bite is snagged. The sun: its warmth and shimmer energizes.

The span of a pretty peacock. Music: to sing, to dance, and to listen to no matter the mood. Snowflakes: the dreamy touch of each individually. Phone calls: are almost considerate, keeping in touch through voice. Horses: loyal and majestic. Fruit: a refreshing type of juicy. Elderly: delighting to greet. Hide and Seek: “1, 2, 3 Ready or not, here I am come.” Fresh laundry: smells clean and comforting. Driving with the windows down: embraces a free spirit. Mom: like mother like daughter.

Swimming: cool water to splash around in on a hot summer day. Friday night lights: enjoyable time to spend with friends. Photos: preserve memory. Laying in the sun: soaking up the vitamin D really is grand.

Traveling: to see what the world has to offer. Friends: special people that enter and exit through life. Vegetables: pleasantly nourishing. Puppies: playful and personable. Exercising: activity that helps accomplish the day. Hotels: inviting places to stay. Shopping: the rush of excitement of eyeing all the cute clothes. Candles: a flicker of light that burns a desirable fragrance. Showers: hot water helps unwind. Volleyball: a controlled game of do not let the ball touch the floor. Breakfast: supposedly the most important meal of the day. The zoo: a wild walk with animals left and right. Blankets: comfy, cozy, and caring when it’s cold. Dress up: as a little girl would play pretend. City: busy crowds of cars, people, and buildings. Dandelion wishes: blow off the seeds & watch them fly towards the bright yellow sun.

Deep Breath: sometimes to inhale and exhale is needed for slight reassurance. Basketball: a game in which the goal is to score and look good doing it. Light bulb: when everything just clicks. Pebbles: the adventurous search for flat one to skip across the water. Shooting guns: the adrenaline level when aiming towards the target. Flowers: purely captivating. Bike rides: movement of cycling around the neighborhood on a sunny day. Fair: festivity that takes place in the summer. Painted nails: adds the perfect touch. Christmas lights: glorious décor displayed during the joyful season. Naps: life savers. Country: incredible view of a wide range of land. Bare feet: being in tune with the ground. Babies: absolutely precious. The beauty of a sunflower: naturally radiant.

The set of the sun: calming and grateful. Reflecting the day so it can invite the night. Fireworks: light up the sky with a boom and a bang. Dates: as long as they go good. A cup of tea: thawing out the throat. Family gatherings: welcoming and wonderful. Prayer: powerful and promising. Bonfire: A warm scene to gather at on a chilly evening. The essence of lavender: relaxing after a long day. Talking: speaking for a purpose or just to ramble on. Starry Skies: so full and miraculous. Sleepovers: best nights ever. Moon: glows and glares for the creatures of the night. Falling asleep: fluttery fading lashes into a faithful dream.

on Sep. 24 2019 at 11:45 am
brookepetersen, Clinton, Iowa
This is a very relatable story for high schoolers.

on Sep. 24 2019 at 11:24 am
DawsonRickords, Miles, Iowa
Epic story