Interview with My Favorite Teacher | Teen Ink

Interview with My Favorite Teacher

By Sunblnat GOLD, Holdrege, Nebraska
Sunblnat GOLD, Holdrege, Nebraska

"You'll never be happy if you keep looking for what happiness consists of. You'll never live life if you keep looking for the meaning of it" - RevRun

Question 1: What inspired you to be a teacher?
Answer: I’ve always loved to learn but I’ve enjoyed teaching others even more, it’s in the family.

Question 2: Have you ever thought about a different career? If so what?
Answer: Well…At one time I wanted to be a veterinarian.

Question 3: How many years of college did you need to go through?
Answer: I went through 4 years and got a bachelors degree but it might take longer for any other degree.

Question 4: What is the best part about your job?
Answer: Getting to know all of the different kids and interacting with them. I have always loved kids so I will always enjoy that part of my job.

Question 5: What is the worst part of your job?
Answer: Having to see people waist their potential. It hurts to see people who could be so much more than they are just throw it all away because there to lazy to try.

Question 6: What do you hope to achieve by being a teacher?
Answer: My goal is to inspire my students to be life long readers.

Question 7: Do you have any heroes?
Answer: No…Not really. However, the people that I admire the most are my parents, there some of the strongest people I think I have ever met. In addition, my grand parents, I have always been able to go to them with something that my parents could not help me with. In addition, of course my husband, He has always been there for me. I have no idea what I would ever do without him.

Question 8: Did you want this career as a kid? Why or why not?
Answer: Actually no. I have always wanted to be a veterinarian. Even though I hate cats.

Question 9: What were your childhood dreams?
Answer: I have always had a dream of getting married and having a family and becoming a teacher. I am so lucky because I know very few people get the chance to actually have their dreams come true.

Question 10: Do you feel that you have had an impact on the students that you’ve taught? If so in what way?
Answer: I really don’t know. I think every teacher likes to think that they will have a long lasting effect on their students but I don’t think any of us will know for sure.

Question 11: What was your major when you were in college?
Answer: I majored in Elementary Education.

Question 12: Have you ever been a mentor to some one? If so who?
Answer: Sort of…I’ve done youth group things at my church but I don’t think I’ve been a mentor to any particular kid or student.

Question 13: What was it like for you in college?
Answer: The whole college seen wasn’t for me. Mainly because I didn’t like living in a dorm. I liked my classes though, they were easy.

Question 14: Are you happy so far with what you’ve achieved as being a teacher?
Answer: Sometimes, but I’m never satisfied, that’s why I’m always changing things.

Question 15: How long have you been teaching?
Answer: I’ve been teaching for five years. I’ll probably be teaching here for a while.

Question 16: Of the years that you’ve been a teacher, which do you, think was your most successful. Why?
Answer: If I had to choose it would most likely be this year. Mainly because I don’t have to keep making big changes in the things and the way that I teach.

Question 17: Have you always enjoyed reading?
Answer: Yes, reading has always been one of my favorite past times. I was able to read before kindergarten.

Question 18: Have you always been a good writer?
Answer: Well I don’t know if I would consider myself a good writer. I’m not a creative writer; I’m more of an essay type person.

Question 19: Are you a good poet?
Answer: No, not at all. I’ve always been a terrible poet.

Question 20: What was it that got you interested in teaching?
Answer: I’ve always enjoyed school. I even tried to assign assignments to my siblings when we were younger.

Question 21: Why did you choose to teach English?
Answer: I didn’t. I was actually supposed to teach Social Studies but some other teacher took that job and I got this one. However, I’m glad because I enjoy teaching English more than I would probably enjoy Social Studies.

I interviewed her because she is probably the best teacher I've ever had and I just wanted her to know that.

Sahil said...
on Mar. 9 2018 at 4:11 am
It's nice I like it

Sahil said...
on Mar. 9 2018 at 4:11 am
It's nice I like it

Somdev said...
on Dec. 25 2017 at 11:22 pm
Super ...and it is useful interview for student and teacher

sweetu said...
on Nov. 16 2017 at 9:55 pm
It's very yyy useful to me and thanq very much

Shaan said...
on Nov. 10 2017 at 8:45 am
It's good for me

Shaan said...
on Nov. 10 2017 at 8:45 am
It's good for me

Mercedes.K. said...
on Nov. 15 2016 at 4:04 pm
Mercedes.K.,
I couldn't agree more! But it could use more questions.

brenna1221 said...
on Sep. 7 2016 at 10:49 pm
This article is awesome. I'm writing an article on my teacher for our local paper and these really helped me get some questions going

on Jan. 6 2016 at 5:46 pm
I love how there is questions but not the answers because my favorite teacher could have a different answer.