An Interview with Heather Meister-Wilson, creator of GoingFIT | Teen Ink

An Interview with Heather Meister-Wilson, creator of GoingFIT

January 6, 2021
By 2meister BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2meister BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Oftentimes the elderly community is left out or even forgotten about when it comes to exercise. Heather Meister-Wilson wanted to change that, so she started a group exercise business with the ideals of “safety and appropriate fitness levels focusing on 50 years or older”. 


Heather created the GoingFIT company with the goal to, “impact people in a positive way and getting to influence people, emotionally, mentally, and physically”. She talks about her passion for exercise saying,  “I love group exercise,” and “When I knew I loved to exercise, I stopped drinking, unhealthy habits limit you from doing your job.” Heather was willing to give up parts of her life because she knew that it would inhibit her from working at her full potential. 


Everyone who knows Heather is affected by her positivity and uplifting attitude. Her secret is simply “You get way more by giving than getting”. Every day Heather gets to wake up and help others through her profession. 


Not only does Heather help the people in the exercise classes, but also the instructors that work for her. She made sure that her business had “good paying jobs for instructors”. 


She believes that exercise is one of the best ways to improve “overall mentally” including “attention deficiency”. Her fitness classes not only curate a stronger physical build, but also a more efficient mind. 


Most people would agree that the main goal of life is happiness. With work as such a big part of many people’s everyday lives, it has the power to make or break your happiness. Heather is living proof that helping others is the key to achieving that goal. 


Jobs take up a lot of time and effort. Why not use that time and effort to better someone’s day, as it will ultimately improve your own as well. 


The author's comments:

This is an interview of my Aunt Heather in regards to her company, GoingFIT.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.