My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

When I look at my grandparents, I see two very happy people who have been married for a long time. They are always nice and loving and they have taught that to my Mom. Now she is teaching me and my siblings how to be like that. Although, while I was younger I didn’t really understand it but, now that I’ve gotten older, I realize just how important those things are and I appreciate how much my Mom does for us. She has taught me to carry this message throughout life and because of that, she has had a big influence in my life but I feel that there is three very important things she taught the best: How to be a good person, how to be a good friend, and how to try my best and have fun.

First, she has taught me how to be a good person. To start with, she has taught me how to be nice. Things like helping others or being polite. Just doing these two things can really help someone through a rough day and make them feel good. Next, she taught me how to be helpful. She’s taught me how to use the washing machine and the dryer so I can do my laundry and help her out, or how to make certain foods so if she’s busy with something but if I’m hungry, I can make something that I’d want to eat. I feel like when I do these things to help her out, it really makes her happy which makes me just want to do everything for her. Lastly, she taught me how to listen well. She taught me to listen to what she says, she taught me to listen in school which will result in good grades. I believe that these are the most important things she has taught me because they are things that I know I will use in everyday life.

Second, she has taught me what it’s like to be a good friend to someone. First, she taught me what it’s like to be there for them, if they’re having a bad day, be there for them and cheer them up. Doing something like this means alot to them and it can help strengthen friendship. Then, she taught me how to be nice to them, like don’t ignore them, and be polite to them. Lastly, she taught me how to be a true friend. She taught me even if you see people with a million friends doesn’t mean they’re all true friends. A true friend is someone who will always have your back no matter what. And I think being a true friend is the most important part of friendship. I believe this is the second most important thing my Mom has taught me.

Third, she has taught me how to try my best and have fun. First, she has taught me to do the best I can at anything. If I’m doing homework, I need to try my best to do it correctly and if I don’t know how to do it, to ask. Asking about something can help it be done correctly Second, she taught me how to not give up. If I’m doing something like homework or chores and it is difficult, she taught me to try my best at it and to not give up. Lastly, she taught me how to try my best in school. School is one of the most important things that will help you throughout life and if you try your best and do well it will help you through life, but if you don’t really try and don’t do well, it’s going to be a lot tougher to do certain things in life. I believe this is the third most important thing my Mom has taught me.

My Mom has had the biggest influence in my life because she taught me important things like being a good person, being a good friend, and trying my best. When I look back on this, it just make me appreciate just how hard my Mom works to help us through life. The influences from my Mom of being a good person, being a good friend, and trying my best really has helped me as I get older and I can’t thank her enough for how much she does for me and my siblings. I believe that these things my Mom has taught has made me a better person and I want to pass on the same message to my kids someday. As I get older, I want to keep learning things from my Mom and keep on adding those new things to what I do throughout life.