Mr. and Mrs. Mohammad Ali Jinnah | Teen Ink

Mr. and Mrs. Mohammad Ali Jinnah

By Irenic BRONZE, Karachi, Other
Irenic BRONZE, Karachi, Other

Learn from your mistakes

Couple! Couple! Couple!
What are the couple, Asher and Khirad or Zaroon and Kashaf one?
No! Oh sorry I mean yes they are couples but practically we don’t have these I love you one couples to see in our surroundings.
Practically the couple is that when both partners sacrifice for each other whether it is the sacrifice of life or either sacrifice of assets and property.
Just like that couple I have an example of it. The example is very common and everyone knows about it but today I am shedding light on it very deeply. Do you ever hear about the relationship between Quaid-e-Azam and Rattan bai Petit?
I don’t felt grief or cry but I felt gloomy when I think about it just for making Pakistan he couldn’t give time to his new and beautiful wife known as Flower of Bombay: Rattan bai Petit.
Newly they enjoyed with each other but gradually the rate of hardworking and effort for making Pakistan went on that lead the separation between them? For being one again they went on tour to America. But in India the situation of Muslims was getting worse that is why Quaid-e-Azam had to go back to India but that action leads the half divorce between them.
Gradually the days were passing. Rattan bai was living in Taj hotel. She was suffering from Cancer even in her last days she wasn’t able to stand or walk. She was died on 20th February 1929but she was buried on 20th February 1929. The emotions of Quaid-e-Azam at the funeral of Rattan Bai described in the book Roses in December written by Chagla like this:
Jinnah sat like a statue throughout the funeral but when asked to throw earth on the grave, he broke down and wept. That was the only time when I found Jinnah betraying some shadow of human weakness. It's not a well publicised fact that as a young student in England it had been one of Jinnah's dreams to play Romeo at The Globe. It is a strange twist of fate that a love story that started like a fairy tale ended as a haunting tragedy to rival any of Shakespeare's dramas.
It was the first moment when Mohammad Ali cried in public or you can say the first time she couldn’t hide his emotions in front of publics.
It was revealed in future that Quaid-e-Azam missed her very much from the book of G.Allana Quaid-e-Azam Jinnah:The story of a Nation. The book was based on narrative of a driver of Quaid-e-Azam, Mohammad Hanif Azad that:
"You know servants in household come to know everything that is going around them. Sometimes more than twelve years after Begum Jinnah's (Mrs. Jinnah) death, the boss would order at dead of night a huge ancient wooden chest to be opened, in which were stored clothes of his dead wife and his married daughter. He would intently look into those clothes, as they were taken out of box and were spread on the carpets. He would gaze at them for long with eloquent silence. Then his eyes turn moisten...”.
Mr. and Mrs. Jinnah had a great affection for each other. We can see their devotion for each other by reading Rattan Bai’s letter to Mohammad Ali:
"...When one has been as near to the reality of Life (which after all is Death) as I have been dearest, one only remembers the beautiful and tender moments and all the rest becomes a half veiled mist of unrealities. Try and remember me beloved as the flower you plucked and not the flower you tread upon." .... ".. Darling I love you – I love you – and had I loved you just a little less I might have remained with you – only after one has created a very beautiful blossom one does not drag it through the mire. The higher you set your ideal the lower it falls. I have loved you my darling as it is given to few men to be loved. I only beseech you that the tragedy which commenced in love should also end with it...".
Jinnah hardly showed his emotions in public. He cried two times in public: at the funeral of Rattan Bai and the second time when Pakistan was independent before leaving Bombay for Pakistan he went to his wife grave and there he shed his crystals on the grave of her.
He left Bombay for Pakistan but he left behind a piece of his heart in Bombay at her wife grave.
So guys that one called couple where the both partners sacrifice for each other. May Allah bless them heaven. Amen!

Actually I am Pakistani and my favorite personality is Quaid e Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah who is the founder of Pakistan where I live. when I research about him I inspired from him and just research about his personal life. Gradually my information and knowledge increased that i decide to write about his personal life.