What The United States Flag Stands For | Teen Ink

What The United States Flag Stands For

By imcallies SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
imcallies SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

F-E-A-R has two meanings:
Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything and Rise
The choice is yours.

The Flag gets flown during every major event in United States history. Every uprise and downfall this country had, the flag flown high in the sky. During the battle of Iwo Jima, Marines planted a flag at the top of Mount Suribachi. They planted our flag to represent through all the suffering our country can and will push through. They planted our flag to show perseverance, bravery, and excellence. The planting of the flag wasn’t only to show that we are dominant, but also to show who we are and what we stand and fight for.

After the towers fell on September 11, 2001, the flag still flew. President George W. Bush stated that night, “This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.” I think he meant, even though all this country has gone through, we will come back stronger.

We fly flags in public, on our houses, and at businesses, to show who we really are. That we are strong people who can handle anything. I believe the United States Flag stands for strength and perseverance. Through everything America has been through, we’ve always pushed through or we have come at it again with more power. I believe in a country built around strength and freedom, and every event in this country is around freedom for the people.

Our country isn't something to give up on or not take for granted. This country worked to make it safe and a place for everyone to call home, so we should give the same respect.