Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

May 2, 2019
By fgastrow BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
fgastrow BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,


Hero, yes hero. You do not need to be Superman to do Superhuman feats to be a hero. True heroes are those who take an oath of loyalty and do whatever is asked of them to defend and protect the USA. To be sent anywhere in the world at anytime. Separated from your families and loved ones to protect our nation from those who would do us harm. I believe it is important for everyone to look back and appreciate the people who fought for our country to give us everything we have. I would like to personally thank you for your demonstrated commitment to Duty, Honor, and our Country.  


As I am nearing the end of my senior year, I am preparing myself for the next chapter of my life and figuring out what I would like to do in the future. It is unimaginable that at this same age, many of you were preparing to go overseas—leaving behind everything to fight for our great country. You are a true American Hero.


Growing up in a family with many many veterans, honoring the people who fought for our country is something that is very important to me. There are not enough words to express my gratitude toward your sacrifice for our country. There is not a day that goes by where I do not think about how thankful I am for the sacrifices you made for this country and how grateful I am to live in a country where people selflessly go overseas to fight. You are what makes America great.


It is in my greatest interest to hear how you are doing and to be assured you are getting everything you need.