Matthew Broomfield | Teen Ink

Matthew Broomfield

By kaaaay BRONZE, Houstom, Texas
kaaaay BRONZE, Houstom, Texas

He may not be a legit teacher but he's taught me more than any school teacher ever has. Matthew is my youth pastor at First Baptist Church North Houston. He taught me how to have a relationship with God and not be ashamed of it. Since is have been going to this church my life has changed immensely. So, many of us that go to the church have become so close, because of Matt. He has a way of teaching the Bible that makes it easy to understand. Before I was bored of church. I had went as a child with my great grandma and it was fun, but I didn’t understand. I just went because I go to spend time with my great grandma. Matthew gives us an understanding of not just the Bible, but how to apply and use the rules of the Bible in our everyday life. I have only been under his teaching for a little over a year, and I have become a very committed christian.He has showed me that it’s ok to be different and stand out. He has put me out of my comfort zone. He inspired me to start a bible study with one of my closest friends at my high school. Many people look and talk to me different when they find out i’m a christian. It used to bother me but it has made me a better person and i have Matthew to thank.