Mrs. Neville | Teen Ink

Mrs. Neville

By user4597 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
user4597 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

“Good morning my sweetcakes,” I heard from down the halls of Arrowhead. I already know who said it. Mrs. Neville. My face lit up, as Mrs. Neville asked me how my day was going. I was having a bad day. I kind of just wanted to be alone, but Mrs. Neville wouldn’t leave me alone. I was so happy someone was there for me to talk to and to let everything out. Mrs. Neville never failed to say hi to me. When I was dealing with a lot, Mrs. Neville was the person I could talk to and open up to because I never felt alone talking to her. 

I didn’t think that I would connect so much with a teacher, until I met Mrs. Neville. She let me be me no matter what. If anything was going wrong I can text Mrs. Neville or stop in the study hall and talk to her. She has a very simple job: monitor the senior study hall. By doing so, Mrs. Neville has made more friends than ever. Whenever anyone comes to check into the study hall her face lights up. She could talk to every student forever. 

Not only is Mrs. Neville a kind, bighearted study hall supervisor at Arrowhead, she also is a mom, and volunteers at her church. Mr. Neville has two beautiful daughters that she could talk about for hours. Mrs. Neville is the most caring, compassionate and amazon mother to her daughters, and study hall supervisor to me. 

After only knowing Mrs. Neville for about a year, I have discovered that she has helped me in more ways than one. She has been there for me when I am sad, happy, or anxious. 

I knew I wanted to attend beauty school and take over my mom’s business since I was a kid. Everyone made me feel like it wasn’t an accomplishment because it “wasn’t a real college,” but Mrs. Neville made me feel so satisfied about it. That is why I decided to write about her. 

Mrs. Neville is so driven, motivated and the person I desire to be. The continent reminders she gave me made me think differently about everything. I would like to thank Mrs. Neville for being the most inspiring person ever. Coming up on the end of my senior year, Mrs. Neville has been my favorite teacher since the day I met her, in my junior year.