Mr. Tower | Teen Ink

Mr. Tower

By Anthony-Marsalli BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Anthony-Marsalli BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

When coming into my junior year at Arrowhead High School I wasn't too sure what to expect from the teachers. As I walked into my first-hour Sociology class, I was greeted by my teacher Mr. Tower.  As soon as I learned his name, my brother's voice came into my head—“You have to get classes with Mr. Tower; he’s the best.” 

Once that first hour ended, I knew Mr. Tower would be one of my favorite teachers. When learning in his class I can tell he genuinely cares about my learning, he makes everything a fun learning experience, and he understands not everyone is perfect. 

In the classroom, Mr. Tower is always upbeat and ready to teach. At the start of every class, he keeps us up to date with current events around the world (although he doesn't need to do that he thinks it's important for everyone to know what's currently happening in the world).

Mr. Tower engages with his students at a personal level and knows how to treat everyone. Since I've been in his class for two years now, we know each other fairly well and can crack jokes with each other. Getting to know students on a personal level is a trait every teacher should try to learn; every day I look forward to being in Mr. Tower’s class. 

Outside of school, Mr. Tower is a parent of two kids. Although he doesn't mention his kids too much just by looking around the room and his computer background I can tell he's a great father.  

While in class, I talk to him just like he's one of my friends. Mr. Tower is a very easy person to talk with and can be very informative. One day after class I wasn't too sure about a topic I was researching so I just asked Mr. Tower. After asking Mr. Tower he went into depth on the topic, it really made me understand more, although he didn't teach this subject he made sure that I understood what it was all about. 

Many days I walk into school not feeling it or feeling unmotivated but as soon as I step into Mr. Tower’s class my whole mood changes. In his classroom, I feel like I can be who I actually am. When in his classroom Mr. Tower is always caring, passionate, and someone who always has a good attitude. Thank you for being a great teacher and mentor, Mr. Tower.