Points for Enthusiasm | Teen Ink

Points for Enthusiasm

March 28, 2019
By gihavens BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware
gihavens BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Kelly Krapf

John Dickinson High School

Wilmington, Delaware

Math Teacher


Points for Enthusiasm

         

Even on the gloomiest of mornings, Mrs.Krapf’s always there to brighten ours with her bubbly and lively personality. She's one of the most positive and upbeat educators I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Not only is she the most delightful person I’ve ever met, but she's also the most patient. She runs her classroom with amusing assignments that make mornings less dreadful than they usually are. Anyone can simply walk into her classroom and see that she is completely passionate and dedicated to her profession.


Throughout my entire education, I’ve always struggled with math. It was always my downfall, and it seemed as if I would just never understand or excel in that subject. When I first began Mrs. Krapf’s class, I expected myself to struggle like I did every other year, but then the opposite happened.  I began to understand and actually enjoy coming to math. She always made it so I felt comfortable asking as many questions as I needed to comprehend the work. Her patience really helped me break out of my shell and discover my love for math.


I’ve had many teachers in the past that seem happy with their jobs, but Mrs.Krapf is definitely the most enthusiastic.  Every time I see her, she always greets us with a big, generous smile. Our mornings are full of constant enjoyment and bursts of laughter, even though it's only 7:25 in the morning.  The classroom is always full of positivity and productive vibes which makes it impossible to stay in a poor mood and not do your work. You can just see that she loves her profession, and I believe it makes her students want to involve themselves even more. You can definitely tell she truly loves teaching each and every one of us.


Mrs.Krapf has shown not only me but each and every one of her students nothing less than pure respect. She believes in each of us and inspires us to be the best we can be. She mastered how to truly connect with her students and show them just how entertaining math can truly become. However, Mrs.Krapf is not only a substantial educator but also a marvelous person, and I feel truly fortunate to be able to call her my teacher.