Singer Andre B. | Teen Ink

Singer Andre B.

By Vane123 BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois
Vane123 BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois

"Life is what you make it, you determine your destiny"

1. How does your project affect and relate to youth?

-I want to start off by saying that what I do is for the youth. I have many young fans and I’m very blessed for it. I wouldn’t have it any other way, and I believe that my project gives youths a place to escape; an escape into a world where everything is possible.

2. What advice would you give to young aspiring entertainers?

-As a young entertainer it is very important to have your grades on track and stay in school. I also think that it is very important that you are driven and keep focus on your ambitions. Being persistent is omnipotent and it will not take the place of anything in this world.

3. What are you doing in your career that helps the younger generation?

-It’s really important for me to set the tone for teens and young adults. I believe that I’ve become a role model within the past couple of years and because of that it’s important for me to make age appropriate music, ethical decisions, and most importantly, making myself accessible to my fans.

4. What do you hope to accomplish in the future?

- I hope to go national and eventually international. It’s very imperative for my future to consist of spreading my message all over the world.

5. Who affects you today musically?

-There are so many people, but my biggest inspiration is Michael Jackson, because I feel a strong connection to him. Although we had different stories I feel our lives are very parallel. Growing up I had identity issues and very little friends and entertaining gave me a release just like MJ’s music did. Since I was little I had the ability to help someone forget about their problems and troubles, at least for a little while, and if I can do that then I’ve done my job.

6. Growing up how important was school to you and how important is it to you now as an adult?

-When I was younger I felt that school was a drag. As I grew up I realized how important school is. Education is a valuable thing to have. School is important no matter how old you are. I have a better understanding of education now that I am older. I am in college right now and even though I am focusing on my career I will not lose sight of my education.

If you'd like to know more about Andre B. visit his webpage at,
www.Reverbnation.com/AndreB87
Follow Andre B. on twitter @Andre_B87

Andre B. started as a tween sensation and has transitioned into a full on entertainer. Now in 2011 he brings us Andre Underscore B. The mix-tape..

Joe_B said...
on Mar. 15 2012 at 11:49 am
Great interview!!