How the parkland Florida shooting could have been stopped | Teen Ink

How the parkland Florida shooting could have been stopped

By LydonFuller BRONZE, Belmont, California
LydonFuller BRONZE, Belmont, California

With these recent problem in parkland florida this topic has affected the press and it is now a long going topic because the people involved with this and the news are trying to try to change this. Since the year 2000 there has been over 6 mass shooting but the main topic im going to talk about  is the stoneman douglas shooting not even less than a month ago. There's many ways these events could have been stopped. Both of these shooting have been involved with an AR15 a weapon that is a assault rifle. Growing up around a family that has believed in gun and have all known how to shoot guns and all believe in there second amendment i personally have my own beliefs on this topic on how the shooting could have been solved and how law enforcement could have handled it.  Now this kid that was the shooter (nicolas cruz)  was a former student to douglas high school. Cruz had lost both his parents to death and was taken in by another family. Cruz was expelled from the school for selling knives. This kid was involved in over 20 times were the cops has encounters with him. Now during this time i don't understand how there was no way this was stopped i personally think after 20 times they would know to start facing consequences towards the kid and also how did no one notice that this kids instagram feed was all firearms. As nicolas cruz entered the high school with a AR15 and as he went up and down the hallways he unloaded his gun. There were 17 lives that were lost between staff members and students. Now there was plenty of ways that this could have been fixed the AR15 is not a illegal gun but there is certain things that you can have on one that is not ok to have in california in order to have a mag from the gun to pop out you need a bullet button to pop it out. Nicolas cruz has no bullet. Even know the shooter in florida did not have a bump stock the bump stock needs to be banned and illegal this attachment being banned could stop other mass shootings this peace is basically making your rifle a one shot rifle to a automatic rifle just from the recoil pushing the force into your shoulder with the stock causing you to keep pulling the trigger at a fast pace. President trump has already said that this attachment is being ban. The big way this could have been stopped was the government actually doing something no 18 year old should have a rifle there still in high school there still growing there not a fully matured adult and especially these individuals with firearms that have a mental health problem should have there second amendment taken away until a doctor signs there john hancock and says this person is now mentally stable and can get there second amendment right back then they can get it back. Police departments around the world need to empower all police and sheriff officer so they will be able to go in to situations like that open minded and know what there job is and that they need to go in even though they have a handgun and that person could have a gun a lot bigger than theirs. What happend at the high school in florida could have been stopped i don't know why no one said or did anything even when this kid that was the shooter was posting photos of multiple guns and no one was doing anything about it the police should  have done something this guy had over 20 encounters with police in a small amount of time and also it isn't just the police's fault that this kid had multiple guns and a rifle it's also the NRA’s and the congress's and the government's fault no 18 year old should be able to buy an AR 15 so why did they let this slide? I have experienced this gun hands on and that gun is a military rifle i totally understand why this gun was used it could do alot of damage really quick. But the main question is what can we do as a country from here on out to stop thase school shooting from happening. The main thing that is being brought up right now is that teachers should be given guns,  Now if teachers are given guns and the right training that's not enough just because just because you know how to shoot a gun and work a gun it doesn't mean that you know how to get in a shootout in a small area of a classroom. So what do we do?
Do we get armed security for every school across the US. There way to many ways we can do this but what tatict is going to work.

this is me talking about how people could have never been killed in this recent school shooting or how we can fix this in the future.