A College Dream Come True | Teen Ink

A College Dream Come True MAG

As long as I can remember, I have dreamt about going to college, one in particular. When I first heard about it, I wanted to go there and experience all the wonders it has to offer. Other schools, even in the Ivy League, were nothing compared to my dream school.

Right in my home state, it stands proudly while others crouch in its shadow. They only wish they had the prestige of this giant. They can boast and advertise their greatness, but they always fall short. Rochester Institute of Technology is not only a great school for education and experience, but the area itself has a lot to offer. There are many businesses at which to intern, and there are many activities in the area to keep students occupied and entertained.

RIT attracts thousands of students from all over the world to study in its awe-inspiring environment. Having a wide variety of majors and fields of study, almost everyone can find what's right for them. At the rate technology is advancing, to be at the top you need to have the best equipment, faculty and facilities. Advancing and upgrading technology, and employing only experienced and reliable faculty, ensures that anyone can find the best of the best at my dream school.

In the past year, I've seen plenty of seniors frantically trying to learn about colleges and deciding which to apply to. Then, they had to worry about filling out piles of paperwork.

I only needed to worry about one thing: getting accepted and making my dream a reality. When most of my classmates were just beginning to figure out where they wanted to go, I had known for years. I have been working hard to keep my grades high, staying active in sports, and studying to earn a SAT score to meet my dream school's standards.

After visiting RIT, I knew I had to make it. I decided to apply early-decision since I was sure this was where I wanted to go, and in hopes of being accepted sooner. I sent in the four-page application. Years of working and studying were reduced to one application that would decide whether my dream would come true, or if I would end up settling for a school in the shadows. Just one week after the due date for early-decision applications, I received a package from RIT. I quickly opened it and read the letter - my dream had come true, and I was accepted into the Information Technology Program.

Dreams can be a powerful force. With perseverance, they can come true. My hard work proved my worthiness to my dream school. Now that I've been accepted, I need to prove myself so that my dream can remain a reality.