Just Write | Teen Ink

Just Write

By ThoughtBox GOLD, Sunnyvale, California
ThoughtBox GOLD, Sunnyvale, California

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." Margaret Mead

Just write. Just get out there and write. Write, write, write.
Write about that time when you had an early morning assembly at your elementary school and for some strange reason you enjoyed it.
Write about your hour long lunches on Wednesdays that you spend laughing, messing up on lines and stuffing cookies down your throat.
Write about how you miss your mom while she is in China handling affairs for your dying Grandpa who’s being eaten by Cancer. Write about how it hurts.
Write about the beauty of friendships, and how they can withstand the monstrous beast of time.
Write about how sitting with your friends on Easter Sunday made the service fun.
Write about seeing people for who they are: beautiful people.
Write about how you don’t like your Dad, and how most people won’t understand the real reason why. Write about how you just let them think you’re superficial because it’s easier than trying to get them to understand.
Write about how you don’t tell your Dad your dreams about Stanford, and missionary work, and touring the world, and being a business owner. Write about how he would never understand those things.
Write about the how your best friend lies. Write about the pain you push down so hard you don’t even realize it’s there.
Write about how you can’t tell people certain things because they’ll get mad and attack you.
Write about how you knew your best friend had a crush on you, but you told him no. Write about how within the same week he found a girlfriend with the same name as you. Write about how you can’t even put that on your blog because she reads it.
Write about how much you love your best friend, and that girl with the same name.
Write about how much you love your friends, and God, and life, and beauty. Write about the strength of the universe.
Write about how inspiration has a funny habit of running away when you need it most.
Write about how writing has changed you. Write about how hope has changed you. Write about how God has put so many things into perfect place just so you would see one tiny glimpse of his hand.
Write about life.