Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By Kaci Keleher SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Kaci Keleher SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Hewlett-Packard Company
3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304-1185

Dear Hewlett-Packard Company:

As a student in today’s fast-paced world, technology is important to me—especially my computer. My family has been a loyal customer of your company for almost 10 years. Your products have always been satisfactory and have never failed to impress me. However, I ran into a problem with my last purchase.

In 2010, I purchased a new G62 Notebook from your company. I never had any issues until now. Currently, my battery life on my computer is continually deteriorating. If it is fully charged when I unplug it, the battery only lasts for about 20 minutes. This is a huge inconvenience for me. It does not allow me to take my computer to school to work on projects and assignments. I can only use it at home at my desk, which means I cannot do assignments anywhere. It would be much easier for me to use my computer if I didn’t have to take my charge cord with me everywhere I go.

I believe that as a company, you should be proud of the products you offer to consumers. I enjoy your products and I hope that you will be able to help me with my problem by giving me a replacement CT:6BCML06SPZ7PKI battery. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.