Writing is what I am | Teen Ink

Writing is what I am

By Eversea GOLD, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Eversea GOLD, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Writing isn't a hobby of mine. It is the air I breathe. The song I sing. Writing isn't something I do because I am bored. It is something I do because I have to. Without the words, the magic and adventure, my heart would not beat as it does now. Without the letters that sprout from the tip of my pen I would not be what I am now. I am words. I am the life of the beating pages. I am the heroin's smile as she sees that she has won and I am the devil's whispers as he urges on the antagonist. I am a whole world undiscovered. I am vast oceans and lands hidden in smoke. I am words.
When I see the day dawn I don't think that it is just another day. It never was and never will be. With each new day comes a word, a phrase, a sentence on the tip of my pen, on the edge of my tongue, urging to be spoken to the day. I could speak a world around you, give the very stars a heartbeat. I could make magic come alive with a twitch of my lips, of my pen. My eyes do not see what yours do until you hear my words, until you feel the gentle pull of the my ink on paper. Writing isn't a hobby of mine. It is the air I breathe. The song I sing. Writing isn't something I do because I am bored. It something I do because I have to. Writing is what I am.

on Oct. 9 2010 at 10:30 am
MissFaber SILVER, Wayne, New Jersey

Nothing Less.

Wow. It's like you know me.