the ghost and the girl | Teen Ink

the ghost and the girl

By darkmistress SILVER, Stanwood, Washington
darkmistress SILVER, Stanwood, Washington

life is about the future not the past

The first time I saw him I was afraid, the second time I was in love. I thought love was a big fairy tale and every one I knew was in love with some one at one point. I however had never felt that way before him. Are struggles weren’t like other peoples I had to distinguish whether I had to decide whether I wanted love or life.
I was on a family camping trip, looking out at the stars with my best friend. When I looked up I saw him clear as can be it was as if a soldier stood right in front of me. Not sure what to do I held my breathe and just stared. I was amused yet terrified at the same time. He was so handsome with his pain skin, blue eyes and dark hair. Tall, muscular, but he looked sad, very sad. I couldn’t help myself but smile, my friend looked at me asked what I was staring at. Then I looked away from him and told her nothing and when I looked back he was still there but not solid anymore kind of like a shadow in the mist. I blinked but the shadow was still there. I tried to ignore it but for some reason I couldn’t look away. Eventually Sammie and me fell asleep outside and little did she know, he was there out in the distance where I couldn’t keep my eyes from drifting. I was terrified and yet I wanted to see him again.
I woke up the next morning with the smell of the campfire in the air and the horrible kink in my neck.