Dear World, | Teen Ink

Dear World,

By Aleketana SILVER, Blue Island, Illinois
Aleketana SILVER, Blue Island, Illinois

"Climb high, climb far; your goal the sky, your aim the star."

I just wanted you to know a few things. I don't know what you can do about anything, but maybe if you keep this letter in your pocket, it will at least reassure me that somewhere out there my words are important and remembered.

I want you to know that I will strive to absorb all of my negative energy until I can channel it into positive productivity. I will use my negativity to help others through happier outlets--never to cause harm or pain to them, and if I find I am unable to do anything with my strong unhappiness, I will hold it inside until I can understand it, and vanquish the source.

I will not hold grudges; I will be beyond past pains, and instead allow my hurt to become wisdom and knowledge for a better future.

I would also like you to understand that I want to help others with the experiences I have gained on this Earth--that I will not laugh at someone's pain, their discomforts, or belittle their problems.

Know that I will work to engulf all of your flaws in my acceptance and work with you to fix them, and so long as you are willing to try, I am willing to keep trying too.

I want to be my very best, so you can be the very best, and so together, World, we are satisfied with all we live for.

Love,

~ Me