Pitiful Puppy | Teen Ink

Pitiful Puppy

June 12, 2009
By Wickedgirl95 SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
Wickedgirl95 SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
We may not talk everyday, we may not live next door, but true friends are there they are the ones that think of you and care how you are doing.


Dog Whisperer. That’s what my family calls me. I can snuggle with the fiercest hound and pull the shyness out of out of a sad eyed puppy. People said it, but I still didn’t believe it. That is until I met Daisy. Poor Daisy worked in a puppy mill. A puppy mill is a place where dogs are forced to have puppies and scrunch up in a crate much to small. When I found Daisy at the Humane Society, I saw her skinny, stick legs, how incredibly long and twisted her little nails were, and how sad her big eyes looked, and I knew we had to take this little puppy home.

When Daisy arrived at our house, the poor thing hid. She wasn’t used to the large space. Shaking, she hid from us and even our kind cat, for weeks we hardly saw her. From the start we realized that she wasn’t potty trained and she had rarely been outside. She hid when the toaster popped and she was scared of people. But the pitiful puppy was hard not to love.

Still not entirely sure I could “pull the shyness out of a sad eyed puppy,” I was still willing to try. It was hard not to! The poor thing just made you want to make it happy! So I did, and somehow, that poor, pitiful, little dog became my best friend.