My Dream Career | Teen Ink

My Dream Career

December 13, 2022
By TylerN GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
TylerN GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I feel like I like really expensive things and buying whatever I want whenever I want. I've always been like that, and I don’t think I'm ever going to change. In order to keep up this habit in the future I need a good career to ensure I have money to support my lifestyle. That career is real estate. 

I've always enjoyed videos online of houses or hotels or whatever it may be. It just sticks out to me. I enjoy looking at houses online and sometimes in person as well. Real estate just sounds like the perfect profession for me. It does not take a lot of work at all either; it's very easy. All I would have to do is get my real estate license which can be done online. After that I just buy a couple apartments and rent them out and start out there. I would obviously expand as time goes on to more properties and more apartment units. 

There is so much money in real estate. The reason for this is because every single person in the whole country is going to eventually be buying or renting a house. If I can be the one that is selling properties to everyone then I will be able to keep expanding. 

I’ve been learning a lot in the past couple of years from some of my family friends and on youtube how to get started and how it's done. My mom's friends own around 85 apartments and collects rent on them every single month. I would like to learn a lot more so when I decide to start I can make sure nothing goes wrong. 

This is the only career I can ever see myself doing in the future. I would not like working for someone else my whole life. I already don’t like working for other people right now and I'm only 17. There is no way I'm going to be doing that for the rest of my life. I would like to sit back and relax and collect monthly rent. 

After I make a lot of money in real estate I would also like to open up a business. I haven’t thought too hard on what the business is yet all I know is that I want to open one. One of my friend's dad’s who is very influential opened two businesses in 2015 and ever since I've grown around that for the past seven years, I know that's just what I want to do as well. I really like how he can choose when he goes into work because you can still get out of the house and go do something productive but if something comes up you don’t have to find someone to go work for you. 

Right now I am planning on going to college for a business degree just so I can get some basic knowledge of everything. After college I plan on getting an internship that pays pretty well and then buying my first apartment building. Real estate is all I see in my future and I'm going to make sure that it happens.