That One Girl | Teen Ink

That One Girl

By JavierArocho1 BRONZE, Hemet, California
JavierArocho1 BRONZE, Hemet, California

There was always this one girl. This one girl that would be on my mind or forced into your mind. I would always here ¨you guys should date¨, or ¨you guys are going to date in the future, I have this feeling.¨ But, I would always deny that and say something stupid as a young boy I was. We knew of each other in 7th grade, hardly talked to each other, rarely seen each other. But everything changed in 8th grade. We had one class with each other and we just instantly became close friends, it was so weird. I would go to her for everything, girls, or just problems that I had. She was just like me, funny, goofy, athletic, and caring. But, still never thought of her nothing more than just friends. People said we were ¨meant¨ for eachother. But still denied all of that.

Over that summer, before 9th grade, the year everything would change, I liked her. We would text almost everyday, I hung out with her twice that summer and we walked to our highschool to take our pictures. I would tell my close friend that I liked her. There was something about this girl that just had me in some sort of spell under her command. We would be on the phone late at night, I would get off of my xbox for her, and you know as a guy, if a girl can get you off that game your playing with the bros then she's special. I never confessed my liking to her, never told her or let her know. And she found someone else. He was a cool dude, very funny. But I just forgot about her, she was nothing but a friend to me. Well, sort of my best friend, I would always talk to her about girls and she would always give me good advice.

After a while, it seemed as if I was right, we would never ever be nothing more than friends. But what, seemed as a year, turned out to be three months, and I would have the shot to finally get her. Her boyfriend and her broke up. I didn’t pay attention to it but, we started talking she needed my advice and I needed hers. Her and her boyfriend almost got back together but they didn’t. A month or two later we both told each other that we liked one another. We talked every single day, and since we have been friends before that it felt “normal.” If you know what I mean. This girl, who was one of my closest friends, the girl who I said would never be mine because I never wanted her. Was the girl I needed to talk to. The girl I wanted to talk to and see. The girl I am now in love with. So much happened before we dated, I wish I could’ve done things differently, handled some things I did with love and not tried to harm anyone. And it wasn’t anything bad like that, it was just childish things I could’ve handled differently.

This is a story of when my girlfriend and I started dating.