Like Friends or Like Family? | Teen Ink

Like Friends or Like Family?

By Moony-Brooklight BRONZE, Sumter, South Carolina
Moony-Brooklight BRONZE, Sumter, South Carolina

"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." -Paulo Coelho

The friends I hang out with have a lot in common.  We treat each other like family, and we help each other like a family would.  If someone isn’t doing well one day, we help them out.  Yeah there’s a lot of drama here and there, but it kind of helps us see that no matter how good we think things are, there are going to be flaws.  And that’s kinda what we need to stay how we are.  We know that we have to be ourselves, no matter what happens to affect us.  Our group, of like 20 kids(maybe even more), are like a family.  We are all connected to each other through our family-like friendship, we treat each other like brothers and sisters, like mother and father.  This just shows you how strong your connections with friends can be.

This was originally a writing prompt idea that I was given to in Informational Text.  I thought I really hit it deep when it came to how me and my friends were like.  It would be really cool if other people would write about their friends.