To All the Mothers. | Teen Ink

To All the Mothers.

May 8, 2016
By ISeeStars PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
ISeeStars PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
30 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I survived because the fire within me burned brighter than the fire around me."


Mothers should not be celebrated once a year. They should be celebrated every single day. Every single second. They are the ones who find your missing items, they are the ones that kiss your injuries, they are the ones that remind you it’s okay to fall down as long as you get back up again, and so much more. Not everyone has a mother, but that doesn’t stop them from experiencing all of these things. Sometimes it’s the father, the older sibling, the aunt or uncle, the grandparents; anyone could be a mother to you. They are the people who make one of the biggest differences in your life and before you know it, they sometimes leave before you can thank them for all the wonderful things they have done for you. So, celebrate your mothers, in whatever form they may be seen to you, every second you have. Shoot them a text message if you don’t see them all the time. Give them a hug and a thank you if you do. Send them a card if they work overseas. Remind them that they are important and that everything they do is meaningful to you in some way. We spend so much time hating our parent because of something small, or maybe not. It’s time to forgive. It’s time to sit them down, forgive them, and maybe even thank them for teaching you to be the kind of person you are now. Some of us become better to prove that we won’t turn out like our mothers. Do you know why? They are the ones who influence us the most. They mold us into the people we are going to become in the future.


My mom made me want to become a successful person in this world. She taught me to make my own way instead of picking a path already there. She taught me that I could be independent even though I was a girl; I didn’t need to always lean on a man just because I was female. I could do whatever I set my mind to and whatever I did, I would see it all the way through. I was taught I could be talented in many areas and that as long as I’m the best I could be I would always excel. She taught me that if I was going to do something, to do it right then instead of putting it on the back burner and forgetting. Without her, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who taught me to be independent and strong.


My grandma made me want to become a gentle, caring person. She taught me that I didn’t have to always go along with what people threw at me, but that I could defend myself. She gave me the love of knowledge and books that I hold dear to me. She taught me how to do crafts, and now I’m making my own craft plans and making things and wanting to create something that people will be happy to have. She taught me to have interest in the past, but to focus on moving toward the future because that is where the magic happens. She taught me that I could be a kid sometimes, and to not push myself into growing up. I didn’t need to grow up too fast, because then I would miss all the wonderful things a child would go through. She taught me the importance of having a plan, but that dreaming was okay. Without her, I wouldn’t be this person. Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who taught me to appreciate the past but keep moving toward the future.
Remember, celebrate your mother every second you can. A mother is not always your birth mother, or even the female who gave birth to you. Celebrate the mother figure that taught you to become a good person. Relish all of their life lessons and their lectures. They will help you onto the path you are going to take.

Happy Mother’s Day.